Spirits Unlimited is the one stop shop for all of your beer, wine and liquor needs in Monmouth and Ocean County New Jersey. With the help of our knowledgeable staff, we would like to share with you the latest news in wine, beer & liquor, recipes, food pairings and more. Check here for the latest in-store and local events, growler tap updates and anything else Spirits related!
Want to bring something homemade for the holidays, but not exactly Julia Child in the kitchen? These beautiful, boozy, seasonal cocktails will make up for that 😉 Hurry in to your local participating Spirits Unlimited to pick up your ingredients – use our map to find the store nearest you.
Caramel Apple Mimosa
2 tablespoons caramel
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar (2 teaspoons cinnamon, 4 teaspoons sugar)
8 oz apple cider
8 oz vodka (optional: caramel flavor)
1 bottle champagne
apple slices, for garnish
these recipe proportions make four drinks
1. Pour caramel sauce + cinnamon sugar into two separate small dishes
2. Dip champagne flutes into caramel to rim glass, then cinnamon sugar
3. Pour apple cider and vodka evenly into four flutes, then top with champagne
4. Garnish with an apple slice and serve
SPIRITS TIP: have your cinnamon + sugar already mixed to rim glasses with; apple cider and vodka can be combined ahead of time too at a 1:1 ratio.
recipe adapted from Delish.
Autumn Whiskey Sour
Cranberry Cinnamon Simple Syrup:
2 cups fresh cranberries
2 cups water
2 cups sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
¾ cup simple syrup
¾ cup whiskey or bourbon
½ cup lemon juice
¼ cup orange juice
¼ cup lime juice
these recipe proportions make four drinks
1. Add cranberries, water, sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a medium pot
2. Heat over a medium flame, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, about 10 minutes
3. Remove syrup from heat, strain, then cool to room temperature
4. Add simple syrup, whiskey, lemon, orange & lime juice, and ice to a cocktail shaker
5. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
6. Divide into 4 glasses and serve
SPIRITS TIP: simple syrup needs to cool, so save time in the cramped holiday kitchen by making it beforehand.
recipe adapted from Baker By Nature.
Pumpkin Spice White Russian
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove)
1 oz cream or milk
2 oz vodka
1 oz coffee liqueur
whipped cream + chocolate syrup, optional for garnish
these recipe proportions make one drink
1. Shake together pumpkin pie spice and cream to combine*
2. Fill a glass with ice, pour in vodka, coffee liqueur, pumpkin spice cream
3. Add whipped cream + syrup if desired
SPIRITS TIP: *pumpkin spice cream liqueur can replace the spices & cream if you’ve got it (we carry some!), and throws a bit more booze in the mix.
recipe adapted from Nutmeg Nanny.
This seasonal twist on a classic cocktail is the perfect companion to crisp autumn air! Delicious & simple enough to put together in a pitcher for a party (or just make something special for yourself…you always deserve it). Hurry in to your local participating Spirits Unlimited to pick up your ingredients – use our map to find the store nearest you.
Apple Cider Mojito
1.5 oz gold rum
1.5 oz fresh lime juice or 1 lime cut into wedges
fresh mint leaves
6 oz spiced apple cider
cinnamon sticks, apple slices, & mint sprigs for garnish
- Add gold rum, lime and mint to a tall cocktail glass
- Muddle for a few seconds
- Add ice, fill with apple cider
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick, apple slices, and a sprig of mint
recipe adapted from Always Order Dessert.
Some of our new specials include (NEW!) Baileys Pumpkin Spice Cream Liqueur 750ML $21.99, all styles of Beach Haus 6 pack bottles $7.99, Smirnoff 80 Vodka & All Flavors 1.75L $19.99, All Varieties of Cavit Wines 1.5L $13.99, White Claw Hard Seltzer Variety 12 pack cans $12.99, J. Lohr 7 Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon 750ML $12.99, all flavors of Malibu Rum 750ML $17.99, Captain Morgan Long Island Iced Tea 1.75L $19.99, Johnnie Walker Red Label Scotch 1.75L $32.99, Miller Lite 18 pack cans & bottles $13.99, Ruffino Riserva Ducale Gold Chianti 750ML $30.99, all varieties of Yellow Tail 1.5L $11.99, Heineken Lager & Light 12 pack cans & bottles $13.99, and much more.
Click here to view a printable PDF of our sales ad, and don’t forget to check out our exclusive coupons. Current sale prices valid from Wednesday August 31, 2016 through Tuesday October 4, 2016 at participating Spirits Unlimited locations.
Embrace your inner mermaid with this sweet, tropical cocktail – best enjoyed poolside! Hurry in to your local participating Spirits Unlimited to pick up your ingredients, use our map to find the store nearest you.
2 oz spiced rum
1 oz coconut rum
6 oz pineapple juice
1/2 oz lime juice
splash pineapple juice
- In a large glass or mason jar, add ice cubes and lime wheels.
- Combine spiced rum, coconut rum, and pineapple juice.
- Squeeze in the juice of a half of a lime.
- Top off with a splash more pineapple juice and blue curacao.
recipe adapted from The Tipsy Bartender.
Some of our new specials include Rum Haven Coconut Rum 750 ML $14.99, SweetWater Tackle Box variety 12 pack bottles $16.49, Mija Sangria 1.5 L $14.99, Three Olives 80 Proof Vodka 1.75 L $24.99 (save an extra $5 with a mail in rebate!), Ruffino Lumina Pinot Grigio 1.5 L $11.99, Twisted Tea 18 pack cans $14.49, Dissident Reserve Red Blend 750 ML $8.99, Smirnoff 80 Vodka & All Flavors 750 ML $11.99, all varieties of Black Box Wines 3.0 L $20.99, Budweiser & Bud Light 24 pack loose bottles $16.99, Jameson Irish Whiskey 750 ML $28.99, Bacardi Superior & Gold Rum 1.75 L $19.99, Founders All Day IPA 15 pack cans $16.99, and much more.
Click here to view a printable PDF of our sales ad, and don’t forget to check out our exclusive coupons. Current sale prices valid from Wednesday August 3, 2016 through Tuesday August 30, 2016 at participating Spirits Unlimited locations.